Bachelor of Education
||Bachelor of Education (2 Years)
Criteria for completing the Course :
- A candidate should get a minimum of 35% marks in each paper both in the written examination and in the seasonal part separately with a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate in the combined marks of the written examination and the seasonal works. A candidate should get a minimum of ‘C’ Grade in the combined grade on practical assignment and the practical teaching.
- Those who satisfy the minimum pass requirements in the written and sessional parts but fail to obtain the minimum aggregate in the combined marks of written and sessional parts may repeat in one course or more twice within a period of three years from the date of admission to the B.Ed. course.
- Those who obtain the minimum aggregate in the combined marks of written and sessional parts but fail to obtain the minimum in the written part in any one course in the first chance may appear only in that course in the next two consecutive chances to clear that course.
- In case of failure by a student to attain the minimum mark requirement under internal assessment category, he /she will be considered ‘Not Fit’ for the Final University Examination, and will therefore be obliged to discontinue with the course. A student will also be debarred from appearing for the theory written examination upon failure to clear the practical examination.
Those who fail to clear the sessional, practical assessment and practical teaching parts may repeat in the part or parts in which failed only once again within a period of three years from the date of admission to the B.Ed course.
- Written examination marks and sessional marks in each course will be shown separately and also as total in that course. Sessional marks will be awarded by the institution concerned.
- For the sake of classification of successful candidates the marks obtained in the written examination and the sessional works will be combined and the aggregate of the same will be used. Candidates who obtain 40% and above but less than 50% in the aggregate will be declared to have Simple Passed. Those who secure 50% and above in the aggregate but less than 60% in the aggregate will be declared to have passed in the Second Division. Those who secure 60% and above in the aggregate will be declared to have passed in the First Division. There will be no class/ division indicated in the case of practical assignment and practice teaching, but the grade obtained will be shown.
- Sessional marks in the different courses and the grade in practical assignment will be finalized by the Principal and Staff of the respective Colleges and submitted to the University before the commencement of the theory examination.