Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
About the Department
B.Ed course at IASE is opened since its inception in 1975 as Mizoram Institute of Education (MIE). The deaprtment is dedicated to forging execellent tecahers with sound ability in the teaching learning process.
The department has produced some of the most best and eminent teachers at different levels of education in Mizoram as well as other parts of the country. Over the years the department has performed excellently in terms of University Examination as several students has find a place in list of University Rank Holders each academic year.
Duration of Course : 2 Years
No. of Seats : 150
Syllabus : Download Here
Head of Department
- Name : Dr. Hmingthansiami
- Qualification : M.A. (Education), Ph.D (Education)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for admission into the Course begins with the official notification issued by the Principal. The form for admission can be obtained from the College office on payment of the prescribed fee and the intending candidates are required to submit the filled-in forms within a prescribed time limit. The final selection of candidates is done on the basis of an interview held by the Selection Board of the College after careful scrutiny of the B.A./B.Sc. Degree mark sheets of the prospective candidates. The minimum requirement is 45% in the aggregate from any recognized university. The list of selected candidates, displayed on the college notice board, will go through the routine admission formalities within a given time frame.
Eligibility for Admission
Every candidate seeking admission to the examination for the Degree of Bachelor of Education shall satisfy the following conditions:-
- He /she must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree (Pass) of the University or have passed an examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
- He/ she must have after passing the above degree examination, pursued the regular course of study, hereinafter prescribed; for not less than one academic year in a recognized institution, attending at least three-fourths of the lectures delivered and satisfactorily completing all the required practical work and at least 20 practice lessons in each of the special teaching subjects in the prescribed manner. Provided further that candidate shall offer a teaching subject under the Science, Mathematics, Social Science subjects only if he had studied it up to the first-degree level.
Criteria for Completing the Course :
- A candidate should get a minimum of 35% marks in each paper both in the written examination and in the seasonal part separately with a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate in the combined marks of the written examination and the seasonal works. A candidate should get a minimum of ‘C’ Grade in the combined grade on practical assignment and the practical teaching.
- Those who satisfy the minimum pass requirements in the written and sessional parts but fail to obtain the minimum aggregate in the combined marks of written and sessional parts may repeat in one course or more twice within a period of three years from the date of admission to the B.Ed. course.
- Those who obtain the minimum aggregate in the combined marks of written and sessional parts but fail to obtain the minimum in the written part in any one course in the first chance may appear only in that course in the next two consecutive chances to clear that course.
- In case of failure by a student to attain the minimum mark requirement under internal assessment category, he /she will be considered ‘Not Fit’ for the Final University Examination, and will therefore be obliged to discontinue with the course. A student will also be debarred from appearing for the theory written examination upon failure to clear the practical examination.
Those who fail to clear the sessional, practical assessment and practical teaching parts may repeat in the part or parts in which failed only once again within a period of three years from the date of admission to the B.Ed course.
- Written examination marks and sessional marks in each course will be shown separately and also as total in that course. Sessional marks will be awarded by the institution concerned.
- For the sake of classification of successful candidates the marks obtained in the written examination and the sessional works will be combined and the aggregate of the same will be used. Candidates who obtain 40% and above but less than 50% in the aggregate will be declared to have Simple Passed. Those who secure 50% and above in the aggregate but less than 60% in the aggregate will be declared to have passed in the Second Division. Those who secure 60% and above in the aggregate will be declared to have passed in the First Division. There will be no class/ division indicated in the case of practical assignment and practice teaching, but the grade obtained will be shown.
- Sessional marks in the different courses and the grade in practical assignment will be finalized by the Principal and Staff of the respective Colleges and submitted to the University before the commencement of the theory examination.