Institute of Advanced studies in Education (IASE) is one of the most prominent and prestigious teacher education institutions in Mizoram. Centrally Sponsored Scheme for Teacher Education (CSSTE) Evaluation conducted by TATA Institute of Social Science, Mumbai and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India remarks IASE, Aizawl as a ‘Model IASE’’ in the country. The main vision of the institution is to maintain, sustain and improve the quality of teachers and teacher educator and to inspire them to be self- sufficient, innovative and creative, always in search of better ways, means and method to achieve the ultimate common goal of quality education. The institution puts all its effort to achieve its vision by taking up several measures which makes it distinctive among other educational institutions. Some of the ways which makes the institution distinctive are as follows:
- Evaluation Mechanism: Good internal evaluation system formulated within the programmes has enhanced the performances of the students. This has resulted in extremely high academic achievement of students in University examination. Out of the top ten positions in university examination in the year Jun 2017, IASE secured top nine positions.
- Consultancy Services: The institution has provided consultancy services to different agencies by rendering professional knowledge and skills. The consultancy services provided to the other agencies are as follows:
- In-service teacher training for existing teachers under RMSA scheme for Social Studies, Mizo, English and Mathematics
- Special pedagogy courses for Master of Theology (M.Th) II Semester students of Aizawl Theological Colleges and Academy of Integrated Christian Studies.
- Special pedagogy Class to College teachers and other agencies
- Capacity building programme for teachers of Mizoram Institute of Comprehensive Education, Venghlui, Aizawl.
- The faculty members are often invited as resource persons by different agencies and organization to render their expertise in various fields.
- B.Ed Multimodal programme: On the recommendation of the Education Reform Commission (ERC) of Mizoram, IASE takes the key role for designing and formulating a special and innovative B.Ed Multimode programme (one of its kind in India). This programme is meant to clear the backlog of untrained teachers in secondary and higher secondary schools in Mizoram.
- Gymnasium: The institution set a gymnasium especially for the students which are also accessible with a professional trainer. The timing for gymnasium has been worked out so that it is accessible for the students as well as the teaching and non-teaching staffs. Minimal fees have been levied for the service.
- Hybrid Laboratory: A very well-equipped hybrid laboratory where students can access audio and audio visual materials having the latest technology is made available for the students as well as the teachers. This is specifically useful for teaching and practicing language skills. It can also be used for taking regular classes.
- Legal Aid Services: A legal aid service is available in the institution which renders services to the students, teaching and non-teaching staffs and the local community.
- Field trip: The College organizes field trips in support of the curriculum for the final year students every year