About the Department
The department is dedicated to providing quality based education since its inception in 2012. Qualified faculty members works vibrantly to to develop the students and strentthen them to compete at national and international level job market. The department is known for remarkable performance in terms of University Examination. It has also managed to bagged all Ranked positions at Mizoram University Examination 2022.
Duration of Course : 2 Years
No. of Seats : 50
Syllabus : Download Here
Head of Department
Name : Dr. Lalchawimawii Ngente
Qualification : M.Sc.(Botany), M.Ed., Ph.D., SLET (Botany), UGC-NET(EDU)
Email : email@example.com
Rules and Regulations for Master of Education (M.Ed) Programme of Mizoram University
All the rules and regulations, hereinafter, specified shall be read as a whole for the purpose of interpretation.
- ELIGIBILITY AND ADMISSION PROCEDURE
- A candidate for admission to M.Ed. Course is required to have obtained at least 55% marks in the B.Ed. degree. There shall be relaxation of marks in favour of SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories of candidates as per provision of Mizoram University ordinances.
- Admission will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, entrance test or/and Interview.
- No admissions/readmissions are to be made after the expiry of two weeks from the date of commencement of instruction.
- DURATION AND COURSE OF STUDY
- The duration of the M.Ed. course is one academic year. The academic year is as per the University P.G. Calendar and is divided into two semesters. The semesters in the year are referred to as Semester I and Semester II.
- SCHEME OF INSTRUCTION AND EXAMINATION
- Instruction in various subjects shall be provided by the Institution/Department as per the scheme of instruction and syllabi prescribed.
- The programme of instruction, examinations and vacations shall be notified by the University.
- The medium of instruction and examinations shall be English.
- At the end of each semester, University Examinations shall be held as prescribed in the Scheme of Examination
- Backlog/Improvement examinations shall be conducted only with the regular and relevant Semester Examinations.
- A candidate shall be deemed to have passed the Semester Examination, if he/she secures not less than the minimum marks as prescribed below:
- Each Theory Paper …45% (including University Examination & Sessional marks).
- Aggregate …50% of University Examination, Dissertation and Sessionals.
- ELIGIBILITY FOR TAKING UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS
- A candidate has to clear all his/her courses within 2 (two) Semesters (i.e. 1 Academic years) from the date of his/her admission into the M.Ed. Course.
- A student who has not appeared or failed in one or more Courses of the 1st or 2nd Semester Examination shall be required to clear the said Papers in the consecutive Semester Examinations.
- A student securing less than 55% marks in aggregate in any Semester Examinations can improve in any of the Papers wherein he or she has secured less than 55% marks.
- A student who has not been allowed to take University Examination due to shortage of attendance shall be required to fulfill the criteria of minimum Attendance by attending the Classes of the next batch of students of the same Semester.
- Condonation of shortage of attendance shall be governed by the relevant ordinance of the University as for the other Master Degree programmes.
- Application for permission to appear at every examination shall be made by the candidate on the prescribed form, accompanied by three passport size full-face photographs (not profile) along with the necessary certificates and the prescribed fee. The application should be submitted by the Head of the Institution/Department on or before the date fixed for this purpose by the University.
- When a candidate’s application is found in order, the Controller of Examinations, shall send the attested admit card with photograph of the candidate affixed to it to the Head of the Institution/Department who will issue the Admit Card to the candidate only if he is satisfied with all the conditions to be complied with by the candidate regarding the eligibility criteria.
- No candidate shall be allowed to pursue more than one degree simultaneously.
- Whenever a course or scheme of instruction is changed in a particular year, one more examination immediately following thereafter shall be conducted according to the old Syllabus/Regulations.
- Students are supposed to complete the Dissertation work in two phases in two semesters. In the first semester, the students have to prepare the Research proposal, and present the same in the Seminars at the end of the first semester. The Dissertation will carry 200 marks and shall be evaluated as per the following scheme:-
- External Examiner—100 Marks (Thesis Report).
- Viva voce — 50 marks.
- Internal Examiner/Supervisor—50 Marks.
Dissertation should be submitted to the Institution within 3 (three) months from the date of completion of the II semester examination.
Those who cannot submit their dissertation within the stipulated time may be given extension period of 3 months.
Candidates who have passed all the examinations of the M.Ed. Degree Course shall be awarded divisions/marks/grades in accordance with the total aggregate marks secured by them in the two Semester Examinations taken together.
The Letter Grade System to be used for Evaluation is as follows :
||Qualitative Level Description
||7.00 – 10.00
||70% & Above
||6.00 – 6.99
||60% & 69.9%
||5.00 – 5.99
||50% – 59.9%
Those securing less than 5 point shall be graded as ‘C’. To clear a course, a candidate should secure at least ‘B’ Grade.
Candidates who have not passed the examinations in the first attempt along with the batch in which they were admitted are not eligible for getting Rank Certificates/Gold Medals/Prizes.
Re-evaluation (theory papers only) and award of distinction/prizes/medals/certificates shall be governed by the provisions of the University ordinances and regulations as for other Master Degree programmes.
- Rules of Promotion are as under:
- A student of the 1st Semester Examination will be automatically promoted to the 2nd Semester even if the student has not appeared in the 1st Semester Examination or he/she has failed in one or more papers of 1st Semester, or was not allowed to take 1st Semester Examination due to shortage of attendance.
- Candidates who appear for improvement of performances under the above category are not eligible for the award of Distinction/Prizes/Medals/Merit Certificates, etc.
- AWARD OF DEGREE
The M.Ed. Degree in the Faculty of Education will be conferred on a candidate who has pursued a Regular Course of Study for one academic year as prescribed in the scheme of instruction and has passed all the examinations as prescribed in the scheme of examination.