Institute of Advanced Studies in Education, Aizawl, started offering M.Phil. Course in Education from 2019. The course started with 4 scholars in 2019. Scholars are under the guidance of the best faculty that the Institute has to offer.
The objectives of M.Phil./Ph.D. Programme in Education are as outlined below:
Programme Objectives for Compulsory Courses/Papers:
- To acquaint the students with research methodology in Education and help them understand different research methods, relevant tools and techniques, data collection and analysis and use of conceptual understanding in practical research work and writing a research report.
- To let the students know research and publication ethics and to enable the students apply their knowledge in writing research proposals, reports and articles for publication.
- To acquaint the students with statistical data analysis and enable them to apply statistics in data analysis and interpretation.
Programme Objectives for Optional Courses/Papers:
- To let the students comprehend the processes of educational planning, management and finance and to enable them to evaluate these processes thereby making them fit for jobs requiring these skills.
- To acquaint the students with curriculum development, its various aspects and reforms, to enable them to become good curriculum planners/developers by incorporating reforms thereby making them fit for jobs requiring these skills.
- To expose the students to teacher education and its related aspects so as to make them professionally ready and fit to become teachers or teacher-educators.
- To enable the students to plan developmentally appropriate early childhood care and education (ECCE) programmes and to evaluate the quality of the programmes in the country thereby making them fit for jobs requiring these skills and also to start preschools/ECCE centres on their own.
- To acquaint the students with disabilities and positive deviations among children and special
- education relevant for them thereby making them fit for jobs requiring these skills.