Status of the Institution
Status of IASE, Aizawl
- Institute of Adavanced Studies in Education, Aizawl is under the Department of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Mizoram. It is affiliated to Mizoram University and recognized by NCTE.
- Approval and recognition was granted to run the M.Ed Course at the 131st Meeting of the ERC/NCTE at Bhubaneshwar held from the 15th-18th February 2012 under Sl.No.217.ER-131.6(i).10 vide letter No.ERC/07/Gen/2011/10534 dated 3rd March 2012
- Inspection was conducted by NAAC Team on June 15th 2009. National Assessment & Accreditation Council accredited it with CGPA of 2.58 on 4 point scale at B Grade valid up to 14 June 2014.
- CTE was permanently affiliated to NEHU till 2000 when Mizoram University, a Central University became instituted the same year to which the College became affiliated. The B.Ed. Course follows the course of study prescribed by the University in accordance with the NCTE Curriculum Guidelines. The University conducts both Theory and Practical Examinations.
- The UGC in its letter No.F.8-133/2005(CPP-1) dated 8th July 2005 has accorded recognition and included it in its list of Govt. Colleges teaching B.Ed. under Section 12(f) and 2(b) of the UGC Act, 1956.
- Approval of the M.Ed. Syllabus had been approved by the School Board and the Board of Studies, Mizoram University in 2011.
- Affiliation and approval of the IASE by the Academic Council, Mizoram University was granted in June 2012 vide No.MZU/CDC//1/9/12/853 dated 11th June 2012.